Eclectic Bistro Fare

July 4, 2008

Sausage Ratatouille and a Yogurt Cheese & Fig Strudel




Summer is here and what an abundance she has brought! The local produce is beautiful and ripe. My herbs are busting out! I felt like making a dish to hail summer and what better dish than a simple ratatouille with some sweet italian chicken sausage and loads of fresh basil. I don't think I need to give you a recipe since there are hundreds for ratatouille on the web. Besides, I rarely measure things out. Just use your imagination (and lots of basil).



Then, yesterday I had the craving to make some yogurt cheese and use up these stewed figs from a canning spree I had about six months ago. So strudel seemed appropriate enough since I had some puff pastry in the freezer. Simple too! Just lay out your pastry and spoon on the cheese and figs. Then sprinkle it all with cinnamon sugar inside and out. Brush it with eggwash and pop it in the oven at 400* until its golden. Voila! Tres magnifique!

No comments: